Tooty Footy - Blog of Yummy Shoes

Marc Jacobs - The Surrealist

There were mixed reactions to the Marc Jacobs show last week (yes, I'm kinda late with this article, but WTH). Fashion critics either loved it or hated it. Personally I think that the collection was thought-provoking and innovative, though some critics felt that he was going mad and running out of ideas. But that's what Surrealism is all about - an atypical and bizarre expression of art. I guess the critics were just mad because the show started 2hrs late. I thought fashion encouraged unconventional designs such as this. But what do I know, I'm just a laptop critic and I'm not even in the fashion industry, just fashion lover.

To read a professional critique, go to the Fashion Week Daily and see the rest of the collection.

To read what the other pros have to say, go to the Jezebel Report.

0 comments: